According to Google, 20 percent of all online searches have a local intention. This means that over 2 billion searches per month on Google are for local businesses. To take advantage of these local searches, it’s important for companies to include online marketing in their total marketing plan because studies show that consumers are relying on online research to make purchasing decisions. Here are some things to consider:
- The younger generation looks online to find the products and services they need in a city.
- People are looking for more information about the products and services they choose via recommendations and reviews.
- Customers are looking for new reasons to be loyal and engaged with the businesses they frequent.
- Only online marketing can offer the level of market penetration that local businesses, especially new local businesses, need to truly succeed.
- Print and other forms of advertising simply do not offer the level of cost control and data on measuring performance that online marketing campaigns do.